This project is read-only.

Aspnet 2/3.5 Flash CS3/4 External Interface

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Would any one be interested in building a simple demo of the control, best practice installation and a working 'hello world' swf with source?

I will be happy to contribute

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM

There is an ASP.NET Website that is included with the source code that has examples for adding the control through markup as well as C#. However, it doesn't specifically mention any best practices or have any source .swf files included. If the provided samples do not meet your needs, please let me know and I'll try to provide as much as I can.

Thanks!

- Grant

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Hello, thanks for your nice control!

Could I suggest you to include the attribute "[assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]"  in the main assembly, to avoid problems when referencing the assembly in a new project and debug the project in Visual Studio.

In fact I got the exception : "Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers."  when trying to reference your assembly and use in a localhost test project, played in VS 2009 with trust level on medium.

I've recompiled the assembly with that attribute and everything goes ok.

Have I missed something in my configuration part?

Thanks a lot!
Luca

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM

That assembly attribute will be included in the next release. Until the previous release, the assembly wasn't signed, so that was something that was missed.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.allowpartiallytrustedcallersattribute.aspx

Thank you for the feedback!

-Grant